Recipe || Pan Roasted Duck with Red Wine Shallot Reduction

Hello Everyone!

Instead of an outfit of the day, I come to you with a recipe! I posted, on instagram, a 5-spice duck and siu yuk (crispy pork belly) dish I made awhile ago. The siu yuk was a trial run and I need to try it out a couple more times before posting a recipe for it. Therefore, today we are gonna talk duck!

People often don't realize how easy it is to make duck. Duck breast is extremely easy to prep, cook, and is virtually fool-proof.

I usually prep my duck with salt and pepper, then play around with sauces and side dishes. Therefore, I'm gonna share with you my most basic recipe, then explain what I paired it with. Let's get started!

Ingredients:
Duck Breast - 6-8 oz per person
Salt and pepper

Instruction:
1. Preheat the oven to 200F
2. Season the duck with salt and pepper on both sides
4. On Med-High heat sear the duck for 4-5 (depending on size) minutes on each side, starting with the skin side down
5. If you want an extra crispy skin, sear the skin again for 2-3 minutes before removing from the pan
6. Place duck onto a baking sheet and pop into your warmed oven to allow resting time*
7. Prep your sauces/side dishes and remove the duck when you're ready to plate

*Let the duck rest for at least 10 minutes in the warmed oven, but don't let it sit in there for longer than 20 minutes or else it may be closer to well-done. The duck should be nice and pink in the middle, a nice medium-medium well. :)

This time around, I paired the duck with a red wine shallot reduction (recipe here!). For the side, I sauteed some broccolini and blanched some enoki mushrooms and carrots. I seasoned the veggies with salt and pepper and topped off the mushrooms and carrots with a tiny drizzle of truffle oil. 





This recipe will always impress. I hope you give it a try!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Bloglovin', & Pinterest to keep in touch during the week.
See you on the next post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment