Sombre?! + Quick OOTD

Hi everyone! Priscilla O. here doing a post dedicated to...my hair. Vain right? Well, I actually got asked about my hair by a lot of people so, I figured might as well make a post out of it. Get ready...cuz I'm about to get detailed! :P

I got my hair done by Anna Johnson at Atelier SalonSpa on Santana Row (website linked). She's fantabulous. I was previously sporting very long locks that had faded to a reddish/orange tone within a natural ombre (the orange was...definitely not on purpose). Regardless, after my haircut with Anna, which resulted in ~4-5 inches chopped off, there was no sign of ombre left in my hair. So we started from the beginning when deciding on how I wanted to color my hair.

My hair color was achieved in two sessions. First, we did an overall base dye toning out some of the red. We achieved a slightly cooler medium brown. Second, we added two toned highlights through an ombre'd technique. The first tone was ~1-2 shades lighter than the base, the second tone ~3 shades lighter than the base. Anna did the braid technique, where she braided my hair & colored the pieces hanging out of the braids. This allows the highlights to have an effect of having no beginning. I also requested highlights to be placed around my face to provide an illusion of a framed face. She then went over my whole head with a purple tone to further cool down the overall color of my hair. The result? A very natural multidimensional look that highlights the face & has fluidity in color. No harsh lines & low maintenance.

Anna dubbed the color...The Sombre (subtle/soft ombre) what the what?! hahaha I thought that name was hilarious & I immediately referred to the word 'somber.' But the name is fitting I guess. You can't quite tell my hair is ombre'd, but there is a subtle illusion of it getting lighter.

Aveda specializes in color & their hair dyes are 99% natural ingredients. My hair was NOT damaged even when lightening was done with the lightest shade. Their stylist are specially trained and hold to a certain degree of ability to apply color.

After years and years of coloring my own hair, I've stepped up to the next level & really learned how to appreciate how the professionals do it. I am in LOVE with my hair & have dubbed Anna my regular stylist. :) To make this post complete, I asked D to snap a few shots before we went out to eat brunch this past weekend. :)

Indoors:

Outdoors:





Quick OOTD shots:



Someone had to come & say hi while D & I were outside snapping shots! :)

Quick Outfit Details:
Dress: Forever21 
(as seen in the Vday post, but dressed down!)
Cardigan: Philosophy
Necklace: Costplus World Market
Watch: Anne Klein
Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Shoes: Madewell
Purse: Kate Spade






No comments:

Post a Comment