Red Silk & Mixed Metals

Hi everyone!

I've always been the type of girl to stick with cool tone colors. I love my blues, teals, purples etc. I rarely wear yellows, oranges, and reds. But on some recent shopping trips, my eyes have been really drawn towards yellows and reds. Maybe it's due to years of gravitating towards the same colors? Who knows.

For this look, I wanted to be comfortable yet exude a bit of that "classic" feel. So I paired a gorgeous flowy red silk blouse that I recently picked up from Ann Taylor with black jeans and nude pumps. For a more put together look, you can totally tuck in the button-up and add a belt, but I was simply going out for a lunch and stroll about town with some friends, so I left it untucked.

Now let's talk a bit about this gorgeous chain necklace that is dual toned with silver and gold. The chain style necklace is quite common, but the mixed metals makes it unique. People always say not to mix gold and silver, but I'm starting to think that the rule shouldn't apply anymore. I love mixing gold and silver and this necklace exemplifies how it totally works.

Outfit details below!








Outfit Details:
Jeans: Just U.S.A 
[Shop their online store here]
Shoes: Steve Madden [similar here & here]
Purse: Target
Watch: Anne Klein
Necklace: Zara

No comments:

Post a Comment